Starting problem on 09 yz450

2 replies to this topic
  • kjosh1982

Posted March 28, 2010 - 12:14 PM

I let a guy ride my bike and when he got back he let off the throttle and the bike died, he said he recked, but the only damage i found was a busted bark buster, Now it is hard to get the bike started and once it is started i have to keep giving it gas to keep it running.

I can't find any kinked hoses and the fuel is on

the only time i got it to stay running and did not have to give it gas i turned off the fuel because i thought it might be flooded

to start it i have to use the hot start control

The bike is only a week old

Any help would be appreciated

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 28, 2010 - 01:04 PM

Be sure the hot start is closing, and try turning the idle speed up.

• kjosh1982

Posted March 28, 2010 - 01:27 PM

My dads buddy told me to check the wires and the idle speed
so i traced all of the wires and found I had a loose wire, i tightened it back up and it stopped back firing, then I adjusted the idle speed, and now it is working again
thank you for your help

i don't have a clue what the wire was

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.