WR 400 fork springs

No replies to this topic
  • mboyd1

Posted March 28, 2010 - 09:50 AM

The handling of my 00 WR 400 sucked big time. It would stink bug in the corners, and the front would wander all over the place. My sag was set perfectly. In the sand it would dive so badly, it was not even fun to ride. Race Tech recommended .52 springs because I weighed 200lbs without gear. I used 2wt fluid.
They were partially correct, the bikes handling problems are gone, but the forks are killing my forearms. They are stinging within 10 minutes. I can ride my KTM all day with no problems, so I know its not just me. I think the .52 is too stiff. Does anybody have a recommendation on a fork spring weight that worked well for them?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.