06 WR450 AIS needle

10 replies to this topic
  • ajetmech

Posted March 27, 2010 - 10:24 PM

I have a 2006 WR 450. I did the AIS kit years ago and for some reason my needle is bent now. I went to go order a new one but I don’t know the size. On the needle it only says RGDDT. It came with the kit and I no longer have the paper work and need to know which one to order.:thumbsup:

• ajetmech

Posted March 29, 2010 - 06:51 AM

bump!

• ajetmech

Posted March 30, 2010 - 07:04 AM

After several days of research and talking with some Local experts around here for hours I found out the replacement needle for the WR-450 AIS removal kit is NCVQ Yamaha P/N # 5TJ-14916-V1-00 with the clip on the fourth position. This is also a YZ needle.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 30, 2010 - 07:35 AM

After several days of research and talking with some Local experts around here for hours I found out the replacement needle for the WR-450 AIS removal kit is NCVQ Yamaha P/N # 5TJ-14916-V1-00 with the clip on the fourth position. This is also a YZ needle.

How did you come up with this conclusion? I was under the impression that no one really knew what needle was in the ais kit from Yamaha?

• MrTVDNR

Posted March 30, 2010 - 08:11 AM

Hmmm...it makes sense that it would be 'closer' to a YZ needle, but the actuall one...interesting...
Wonder what the taper differences are between the actual YZ needle, AIS needle and the JD needle...anyone have a micrometer?...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 30, 2010 - 08:38 AM

Hmmm...it makes sense that it would be 'closer' to a YZ needle, but the actuall one...interesting...
Wonder what the taper differences are between the actual YZ needle, AIS needle and the JD needle...anyone have a micrometer?...

It should be known that there isnt just one YZ needle...there are a bunch

Thus my question as to how they know exactly that the GYTR needle is the specic part number he listed...

• ajetmech

Posted March 30, 2010 - 09:14 AM

I was at Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernardino CA. I was talking to Raul who the resident wiz with jetting and other bike issues. He had dealt with this same issue before. He did some digging and this is the number that he came up with. He tried to call his connections at Yamaha but they were gone for the day. By the way this number also crosses to KTM. Yamaha does have the widest range of selection for needles.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 30, 2010 - 09:19 AM

He did some digging and this is the number that he came up with. He tried to call his connections at Yamaha but they were gone for the day.

This realy isnt very specific...

Although it is "info" its not cut and dry in the fact that we still do not no for sure that the GYTR needle is...

• ajetmech

Posted March 30, 2010 - 09:47 AM

You got me thinking on this and I dont know why I did not do this in the beginning. Hind sight is always 20-20. That needle will work as a replacement but I just got off the phone with Yamaha customer relations at 1-800-962-7926 and I asked them the number that comes in the kit. The number that is supplied in the 05-06 WR-450 AIS removal kit is (RGDDT) Yamaha P/N# 5BF-149-168-R-00. I hope this clears up any confusion and is a help to others.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 30, 2010 - 09:53 AM

I just got off the phone with Yamaha customer relations at 1-800-962-7926 and I asked them the number that comes in the kit. The number that is supplied in the 05-06 WR-450 AIS removal kit is (RGDDT) Yamaha P/N# 5BF-149-168-R-00.

Now thats more like it :thumbsup: :lol:

• ajetmech

Posted March 30, 2010 - 10:13 AM

The correct typing of part number is 5BF-14916-8R-00 then it also shows the letters DTR-K on the google search.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.