Drain plug help!!

1 reply to this topic
  • mgb_tracker

Posted March 27, 2010 - 07:16 PM

Just recently I got the ole 426f running again after a number of years in storage. The first priority was to change the oil. I started her up and let her warm up a bit; with the temp just right, I attempted to remove the drain plug. For some reason it just doesn't not want to budge. I'm using a six point hex and gently tapping on it with a breaker bar, but it just doesn't want to move. The hex head is still existent, but is slowly but surely rounding. I need some advice as to what to try next.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted March 27, 2010 - 08:23 PM

Try squirting some PB Blaster at the base of the bolt. Also, let the cases cool off a bit...

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.