Hot Cam vs Webb cam ?

8 replies to this topic
  • roofer dude

Posted March 27, 2010 - 09:06 AM

03 YZ450 F. Which is better ? Looking to gain mid range without loosing anywhere else, is this possible? Are cams where I need to be looking for this? Need help before I start throwing money at it. Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted March 27, 2010 - 09:15 AM

Running the stock pipe?

• roofer dude

Posted March 27, 2010 - 11:50 AM

Pro Circuit Ti 4.

• roofer dude

Posted March 27, 2010 - 11:59 AM

Forgot to tell yo this engine is on a kart. may be turning higher RPM's but not sure. Maybe this will help. The yellow # 7 is mine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aedwards07

Posted March 27, 2010 - 12:19 PM

Web Cams by far.

• intensem1rider

Posted March 27, 2010 - 02:11 PM

Webcams for sure BUT, you will need to upgrade to stiffer valve springs/lighter retainers.

• roofer dude

Posted March 27, 2010 - 04:21 PM

OK, so witch one of there cams should I be looking at? Will up grading the cams make a lot of difference or should I do a 2 or 3 mm larger piston also. Would rather do one at a time. LOTS OF $$$$$$$$$$$$ Rules say I can go to 510cc , I don't want to kill reliability though.

• grayracer513

Posted March 27, 2010 - 05:50 PM

One of the fundamentals of building an engine up is that everything has to coordinate with the rest of the components involved. That is to say that swapping cams or whatever by itself, "one at a time" as you say, will rarely work very well. Far better to work up a complete, cohesive and complimentary package in which each mod supports the others.

• roofer dude

Posted March 28, 2010 - 05:36 AM

Any suggestions ?? Open to any and all ideas. Thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.