Seal Saver installation

7 replies to this topic
  • jasowiii

Posted May 31, 2003 - 08:41 AM

:)
What's the best way to install seal savers???

It looks like leaving the wheel on, and taking the forks loose might work.

Jimmy

• Jekel

Posted May 31, 2003 - 12:36 PM

I took the forks off, slide down from the top. They are a snug fit, but well worth the effort. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 31, 2003 - 04:43 PM

I buy the long ones and cut them down to 6" long ( so I get 3 sets from each pair I buy) and place them under the upper slider guide. You have to remove the fork from the triple clamp to slide the seal saver down. They dont last long so I replace them about once a month or 500 miles. They work very well. You have to use longer bolts to get them to clamp under the fork slider guard guide. :)

• Bryan Bosch

Posted May 31, 2003 - 04:44 PM

:)
What's the best way to install seal savers???

It looks like leaving the wheel on, and taking the forks loose might work.

Jimmy

Product Review

I removed the front wheel myself just because the wheel with forks attached is pretty heavy for re-installation. It think it might be difficult getting both forks lined back up in the clamps with the weight of the front tire. Try it and remove the wheel if its too cumbersome.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted June 01, 2003 - 01:22 AM

absolutely remove the front wheel to pull out each fork one at a time and return it in the triple clamps. I assumed that this was understood. Good point. :)

• yimmyhauler

Posted June 01, 2003 - 09:08 AM

It's also a good time to repack the head bearings :)

• dirtstiff

Posted June 04, 2003 - 06:54 PM

Great article Bryan, I will give them a try on my 450. Thanks, Dirtstiff's Page :)

• jasowiii

Posted June 06, 2003 - 04:06 AM

:D
Thanks for all the info, I ended up leaving the wheel on. I had to remove the caliper, good thing I did cuz my pads were gone :)

Jimmy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.