426 crankshaft whats going on

2 replies to this topic
  • Timm

Posted March 26, 2010 - 04:26 PM

Ok here it is.I put a new crank in my 2000 426,I put in a new 2002 oem crank and bearings.Everything was going together just fine till i tightened down the clutch side cover.It fit just fine till i drew it down,then the crank would lock up .I took it off a number of times with no luck,same thing.I put the old gasket together with the new gasket and tightned it down.worked just fine.What's up with this.I can't figure it.I'm sure someone has had this problem before or i'm just a lucky hombre.Thanks tim

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 26, 2010 - 04:31 PM

You have clearly assembled something wrong somewhere on the right side of the engine, be it clutch, drive gears, etc. Try to determine where along the side of the engine the case binds by seeing where the case wants to rock.

• Timm

Posted March 26, 2010 - 06:50 PM

yep just right mr. racer sir. Pulled my basket out ,the crank nut was aginst the case.Pulled it apart ,I had put in the 2002 ballance drive gear and used the 2000 primary gear.Put in the 2002 primary gear and it works like a charm..Thanks Tim

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.