DOES ANYONE IN HERE RIDE AT COMP PARK IN HEMET, CA???

21 replies to this topic
  • BRENTyz426

Posted January 01, 2001 - 01:44 PM

I TOOK MY BIKE OUT TO COMP PARK THIS WEEKEND TO SEE HOW IT WOULD DO ON COMP PARKS MEAN JUMPS! THERE WERE ALOT OF OTHER 426'S OUT THERE AND I'M HOPING SOME OF YOU ARE MEMBERS HERE AND CAN TELL ME WHAT GEAR YOU GUYS HIT THE JUMPS IN AND WHEN DO YOU HIT THE GAS??? I TRIED HITTING THE GAS AT THE TOP OF THE JUMPS AND WOULD SEND ME STRAIGHT UP, ALMOST LOOPING THE BIKE OUT! BUT THEN IF I HIT THE GAS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE JUMP I WOULD ENDO...LOL! I WAS HAVING A TOUGH TIME GETTING USE TO THE 4 STROKE RESPONSE AFTER MY RUBBER BAND LIKE 2 STROKES! IF ANY OF YOU GUYS HIT THE TRACK ON A REGULAR BASIS, LET ME KNOW WHEN AND I'LL MEET UP WITH YOU THERE!
THANKS...BRENT!

• MikeOK

Posted January 01, 2001 - 02:54 PM

I wish I were out there with you, it's been very cold here in OK and record snowfall for December. Anyway, on a 4 stroke, you have to hold steady throttle all the way until you are clear of the face of the jump. And the key is STEADY throttle. I grew up on 4 strokes but they tell me it's quite a transition from 2's to 4's. Just start on smaller jumps and get the feel of it then move to the bigger stuff. In no time you'll be clearing them with the big boys... Good luck...

Mike

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 01, 2001 - 03:53 PM

Brent,
Haven't been to Comp Park yet, but I do plan on going sometime soon. I usually go to Hungry Valley, LACR or Sunrise, but I plan on trying some of the other tracks like Comp Park and Elsinore. Next time you plan on going, drop me an e-mail (tlfcjf@hotmail.com) and try to hook up.
Regarding jumps, a steady throttle is key. Don't let off too soon or the front end will tend to drop. You're headed in the right direction......ride with someone that is doing the jumps and talk to them. Then if you feel comfortable, perhaps you can ride next to them as they approach a jump to see how fast to go. Good luck and be safe.
CJF

• Scott_F

Posted January 01, 2001 - 08:37 PM

Brent and CJF, how about Sunrise this Sunday? There are some large and very challenging jumps there. I would be glad to show how it is done. :)

Scott F

• holeshot

Posted January 02, 2001 - 12:40 AM

I've been to Comp Park many times with my 426, and have been able to clear a few jumps that I wouldn't try on a 250 two stroke.

If you meet Scott out at Sunrise, he's sure to make everyone look like a beginner. "Heck, that jumps easy, just hold the throttle open and go faster - try it". :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 02, 2001 - 06:17 AM

Scott,
Sunrise sounds good although I can't say for sure if I'll make it or not....but I'll certainly try. You can either post here on the message board later in the week or e-mail me at: tlfcjf@hotmail.com.

Stay in touch.
CJF

• BRENTyz426

Posted January 03, 2001 - 05:53 PM

SUNRISE PARK WILL BE HARD FOR ME TO HIT THIS SUNDAY! WHEN CAN YOU GUYS MEET UP AT COMP PARK? I'M IN THE PALM SPRINGS AREA AND IT'S HARD FOR ME TO HIT SOME OF THE OTHER TRACKS UNLESS I PLAN WAY AHEAD! SCOTT, WHERE DO YOU USUALLY PRACTICE/RACE??? THANKS FOR THE POSTS GUYS! I NEED TO GET MYSELF FEELING CONFIDENT ON MY 01 426! I HAVE SOME BUDDIES THAT HAVE BEEN BEGGING ME TO GO OUT WITH THEM AND SHOW THEM UP, LIKE I DID ALONG TIME AGO, BUT IT'S GOING TO BE A WHILE! THEY PROBABLY JUST WANT TO SHOW ME UP! AND THEY WILL AT LEAST UNTIL SOMEONE SHOWS ME HOW TO RIDE THIS SUCKER!... LOL!

• rep

Posted January 04, 2001 - 08:23 PM

brent,

i live in hemet. me and two guy on yz426's will probably go next week. i'll send an email when we do.

rep

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 05, 2001 - 06:40 AM

Brent,
Won't be going to Comp Park this weekend, however a friend of mine wants to go to Perris next Sat. Never been to Perris so it sounded like a good idea. Can you make it out to Perris ? I'd like to try Comp Park within the next couple of weeks, so I'll stay in touch and let you know when I can make it.

Scott F., are you going to Sunrise on Sunday ? Let me know.....

C-Ya,
CJF

• Scott_F

Posted January 05, 2001 - 07:55 AM

Yeah, I'm still planning to go to Sunrise this Sunday. CJF, I'm #114G.

I like to ride at Perris on Wednesdays, and LACR on Saturdays for practice sessions. I will probably race the GP at LACR on 1-14 with the OTMX, then Sunrise on 1-20 with the OTMX.

Maybe we can all plan a big rendevouz at Comp Park later this month. Maybe the 26th or 27th?

Brent, I have a friend who just moved to your area, La Quinta, and I think he is coming out Sunday. I'd be happy to school ya on how to moto your 426. :) P.S. TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 05, 2001 - 08:36 AM

Scott,

Would you consider LACR on Sat. vs. Sunrise on Sun. ? Sunrise isn't a problem...just LACR is a lot closer.

Meeting at Comp Park sounds like a good idea...count me in once all the details are decided.

I'll be driving a Maroon Ranger with a 426 with no numbers on it. I'll be looking for ya.

C-ya this weekend,
CJF

• Scott_F

Posted January 05, 2001 - 08:44 AM

LACR will be a ghost town tomorrow. It is still closed for the holidays, and will reopen 1-13. I am riding Sunday because I am going to the SX Saturday.

• BRENTyz426

Posted January 06, 2001 - 02:50 PM

La Quinta is about 15 min from my house! I do alot of work out there! Does your buddy ride? yeah meeting up at comp park sounds good to me also! Have any of you guys checked out Elsinore??? I saw the pics of the track here online and looks pretty sweet! Would love to hit the sx track, but I guess you have to have a pro card! counts me out!!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 10, 2001 - 06:58 AM

Hey Scott F.

Meeting at Comp Park on the 26th or 27th sounds good. Since I can't hit Perris this weekend, I already got the green light for a road trip to go ride later in the month. Let me know which day works best for you.

Looks like I'll go to LACR this Sat.,where are you going ?

BTW, went to Proride.com to check a few things and saw pictures from Sunrise with a 426 with #114 on it....getting some good airtime :)

Stay in touch.
L8tr,
CLIFF

• Scott_F

Posted January 10, 2001 - 08:28 AM

Brent, I won't be going to Elsinore anymore, at least no time soon. I went to Sunrise on Sunday. The track was a bit rougher than on Saturdays. My Old Timer friend from La Quinta was there with his YZ250F. Let me know if you want to meet him.

Cliff, I may also go to LACR this Saturday to see if they made any changes after being closed for a month. I sure hope so. Either way, they have had plenty of time to prep the track to perfection.

That picture on Proride.com is from a medium double that is no longer there. I'm waiting for them to improve and change that track in the next couple of months.

As for Comp Park, let's decide later about the 26th or 27th, depending on how many can go, and whether it rains. I do have a rainproof place to ride if necessary.

• BRENTyz426

Posted January 10, 2001 - 04:48 PM

YEAH SCOTT I WOULD LIKE TO MEET HIM! HE'S RIDING A NEW YZ250F??? YOU MIGHT ASK HIM IF HE RIDES AROUND HERE AND WHERE HE RIDES AND I'D BE GLAD TO MEET UP WITH HIM! DO YOU KNOW IF HE HITS COMP PARK OFTEN??? I JUST GOT BACK INTO RIDING/JUMPING WHEN I BOUGHT MY 426 A MONTH AGO, SO I'M NOT ALL THAT COMFORTABLE ON MY BIKE, BUT AM GETTING THERE! I'LL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT DAY IS BEST FOR ME TO GO AND I'LL GET BACK TO YOU!

• BRENTyz426

Posted January 10, 2001 - 04:50 PM

oh yeah, sorry for the caps! I use to write everything in caps and people would get pissed off, lol! Anyways, get back to me when you can!
-BRENT!

• Scott_F

Posted January 10, 2001 - 07:51 PM

He just moved out there, so he will probably be at Comp a lot and Riverside OTMX races.

• ProRidePhil

Posted January 15, 2001 - 06:46 PM

Hey Scott, I'll see you the 20th at Sunrise. Count me in for the Comp ride. If possible, it would be better on Friday the 26th, as it's less crowded. Much better for learning to jump Brent. I'll take pictures and get you up on proride.

• Scott_F

Posted January 15, 2001 - 09:27 PM

I haven't decided for sure about Sunrise on the 20th.

Comp Park will probably be on the 27th or 28th, if we all agree to meet.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.