Gel seat anyone?

6 replies to this topic
  • mrlopez

Posted March 26, 2010 - 07:14 AM

Does anyone put a gel seat under your bikes? Where can I get one also? Since I put the YZ seat on my WR and been doing sumo runs I need a more comfortable seat

• Baja trail Rider

Posted March 26, 2010 - 07:29 AM

I put a gel pad into my seat,waist of money.The fix was to make the seat wider like a xr.Now perfect for those 4-5 day rides.

• TLRam1

Posted March 29, 2010 - 08:57 PM

I put a gel pad into my seat,waist of money.The fix was to make the seat wider like a xr.Now perfect for those 4-5 day rides.

Do you have photos how you accomplished this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mrlopez

Posted March 30, 2010 - 10:24 AM

+1 :-)

• Baja trail Rider

Posted March 30, 2010 - 04:32 PM

I dont have photo,but I took a xr250-400 seat cut 2 inches off each side.Not in the front part of seat.I left the outside shape,cut the inside of xr seat peice to match,wr seat.Used 3m spray gule #74 orange in color.In a day or so I will check to see how wide I made it.Also see if I can get a photo.The seat is better then any aftermarket seat.Also the trick is to make the side foam a little higher then center.

• honda_haney

Posted April 05, 2010 - 04:54 PM

Did this help? I am having the same problem with my 250X...After 50 or so miles, sore butt...Stand for a bit while riding, but would like to have a more comfortable seat for loooong rides.
Does anybody have the fix for this?

• Baja trail Rider

Posted April 06, 2010 - 05:34 PM

Yes you can do the same thing on your 250x.The seats are so bad on the new bikes,it used to be only KTMs but now most are bad.We have used all after market seats,have not found a good one yet.So make your own.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.