Zip Ty or Boyesen

9 replies to this topic
  • Yamaha Nemesis

Posted March 24, 2010 - 08:08 PM

I have a 2007 YZ450f that has a little bit of bogging and some backfiring. I adjusted the fuel screw and it didn't seem to help. I haven't adjusted the needle or anything.I was wondering which would be better, the Zip Ty carb mod, boyesen quick shot 2, or both of these? The carb is stock.

• iamcanadain

Posted March 24, 2010 - 09:09 PM

TOKYO MODS save the hassle

• tek_01

Posted March 24, 2010 - 09:59 PM

I have heard good reviews about the zip ty carb mods where you send the carb to them and they clean/adjust and improve its performance.

• mikedabike

Posted March 24, 2010 - 10:56 PM

I don't think the 07 YZ has any inherent problems that you could not tune out with the stock carb. Even if you spring for one of these mods you are probably still going to need to dial in the carb. Why don't you do some research on how to set up the pilot jet and fuel screw. Might save you some money.

• Gunner354

Posted March 25, 2010 - 06:10 AM

I don't think the 07 YZ has any inherent problems that you could not tune out with the stock carb. Even if you spring for one of these mods you are probably still going to need to dial in the carb. Why don't you do some research on how to set up the pilot jet and fuel screw. Might save you some money.

48 pilot jet, 1 1/2 out on the fuel screw, 4 th from the top on the needle and a 165 main.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WB450

Posted March 25, 2010 - 07:03 AM

I sent my carb for my 07 to Zip Ty and have never been happier with a bike mod. IMO, I think this is the best money you can spend. They will do the mod, tell you what jets to run and your done. No bog, nothing but crisp clean throttle response.

• grayracer513

Posted March 25, 2010 - 07:09 AM

Why don't you just jet it right?

• Gunner354

Posted March 25, 2010 - 07:56 AM

Why don't you just jet it right?

Agree 100% Gray.

• WB450

Posted March 25, 2010 - 08:09 AM

I also agree with...

http://www.thumperta...zip ty carb mod

• Aka.Goose

Posted March 25, 2010 - 04:57 PM

Well, with the Boyesen you're just changing the accelerator cover out, with what seems to be a lot of mixed reviews...With the Zip Ty mod you're getting your carb cleaned and modified internally for the better, and possibly re-jetted if needed, with great reviews...including mine.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.