04 wr450 -----> aluminum frame???

6 replies to this topic
  • simon@vic

Posted May 30, 2003 - 02:29 PM

is this true at all???????????
i am going to be getting the frist one that comes into my shop AL frame or not. just 10 min ago a parts guy{ wrong 90% of the time :)} just said they might have AL frames??

is this true??

• SBG

Posted June 01, 2003 - 07:21 AM

Probably meant subframes. Probably doesn't know 03's already have AL subframes. Most people at motorcycle shops are worthless and know nothing. I saw a guy go into a shop asking if his newly purchased XR600 was a 1 or 2 cylinder. The guy behind the counter asked "How many head pipes?", "2!", "How many Carbs?", "2!", "Well then your bikes a 2 cylinder." This was in Victorville Honda in the mid 80's, but who the hell would ever think a (normal) dirt bike under 650cc would have more than 1 cylinder.
Best advice, read the magazines with an open mind to the future of motorcycles, but ignore any BS you hear at the shops.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 01, 2003 - 05:43 PM

2006 WR500 with aluminum frame and fuel injection is what to wait for. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted June 04, 2003 - 12:04 PM

any one have any info that isnt rumour?

• SMD

Posted June 04, 2003 - 12:10 PM

We will know if its rumor at 9pm PCT tonight at Yamaha.com/ The 04 dealer show is on in Vegas as I type. :)

• yamafreek_hawaii

Posted June 04, 2003 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image

04 pic?

• simon@vic

Posted June 04, 2003 - 07:45 PM

thx for the info guys. now the next question is when do they get to the dealers?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.