2002 yz426

6 replies to this topic
  • Elementx665

Posted March 23, 2010 - 09:25 PM

well i am going to trade my 02 kx250 this weekend for an 02yz426f and i was wondering if they are anygood? the bike looks great with an nice hmf pipe. but how are they? anything will help me

• gbalias

Posted March 23, 2010 - 09:44 PM

theyre GREAT bikes.

a simple search on here will yield a bunch of stuff.

• buzzgrizz

Posted March 23, 2010 - 09:45 PM

Great bike simple as that

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ryan426

Posted March 24, 2010 - 02:51 AM

They are bullet proof. Make sure dude shows you how to start it up. There tricky. I have an '01 YZ 426. These bikes rock!!!

• tmc55

Posted March 24, 2010 - 11:14 AM

A + on that.

• flapwick

Posted March 25, 2010 - 06:20 AM

I traded a 97 KDX 220 for 2002 YZ426f that I own now,and have had for exactly one year.It is an awesome bike! Zero major issues and I ride motocross twice a week(Novice Vet level).If it still has the decompression lever on it for starting,look into an 03-05 yz450f exhaust cam or Hotcam and you can get rid of it and life will be easier.My bike always started great even with the lever,but I'm very glad I got rid of it.Changing the oil and filter is a bit of a chore,but nothing technical,just alot of bolts and procedure.Keep the air filter clean, change the oil regularly,keep the valves adjusted,and that bike should last 3 days short of forever!The power difference between the KDX and the YZF was insane!!! I'm still just trying to hang on half the time!It's fun.Get a manual and check this website for all the answers you'll need.Get ready to ride the TURBO TRACTOR on STEROIDS!!! Have fun...

• TARKaw

Posted March 25, 2010 - 04:59 PM

I traded a 97 KDX 220 for 2002 YZ426f that I own now,and have had for exactly one year.It is an awesome bike! Zero major issues and I ride motocross twice a week(Novice Vet level).If it still has the decompression lever on it for starting,look into an 03-05 yz450f exhaust cam or Hotcam and you can get rid of it and life will be easier.My bike always started great even with the lever,but I'm very glad I got rid of it.Changing the oil and filter is a bit of a chore,but nothing technical,just alot of bolts and procedure.Keep the air filter clean, change the oil regularly,keep the valves adjusted,and that bike should last 3 days short of forever!The power difference between the KDX and the YZF was insane!!! I'm still just trying to hang on half the time!It's fun.Get a manual and check this website for all the answers you'll need.Get ready to ride the TURBO TRACTOR on STEROIDS!!! Have fun...

+1 on this - same scenario for me - Loved my KDX but I gotta say I have never looked back, the YZ is awesome! :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.