20" Front Wheel

4 replies to this topic
  • ToddW

Posted December 29, 2000 - 04:13 PM

Has anyone tried a 20" front wheel yet. I just ordered a pair of Black Excels for my YZ426 the front in a 20". If nobody has used one I'll report back after I get mine laced up but, it will be a few weeks.

Thanks,
Todd

• MotoGreg

Posted December 29, 2000 - 06:37 PM

I asked White Bros about one a few months ago and they told me that it would be a while before they got the wheels and had spoke kits made up... that has been awhile though. Where did you get your rim and spokes from? Do you have a tire yet?

------------------
MotoGreg - Posted Image
'92 GSXR 7/11 (Until I get a groovy 996 or GSXR1000)
'99 YZ/WR400F 'cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted December 29, 2000 - 09:03 PM

A friend of mine got a Talon wheel set from WB for his 426, and he got the 20" front. He says he likes it, but he doesn't rave about it. I took a lap on it, but his bike was so weird, I forgot to even think about the front wheel.

• ToddW

Posted January 07, 2001 - 09:07 PM

I got the 20" front wheel done this weekend along with the matching black Excel rear. Today I went out to Sunrise MX Park (In SoCal.) for a quick test run. I haven't rode MX in about 3 months so I was worthless on the track. At best I'm only on the Novice level and race D-37 Desert 4 Strk. Novice. So for what my opinion is worth, I think it was worth doing. I would do it again for the money (about $180 for the front). The diff. isn't night and day it's kind of like riding a 98YZ400 (when they had the front end push) as compared to a 2000 YZ 426 maybe better. You really notice it when riding on the edge. When the tires are starting to slide around a corner. I never got rid of the feeling that the front end could wash out at any time. If this is a prob. for you Get The 20. Works for me.

SeeYa,
Todd

• Boit

Posted January 07, 2001 - 11:17 PM

Todd: That's an accurate way to describe the sensation of the front end...that it could push out at any given time. If the conditions are right, I feel confidence in the front wheel, but if the track gets wet or the conditions change that don't favor my front tire type(756), then I might as well shift into spode mode.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.