2001 yz 426f?

4 replies to this topic
  • 92greenlx

Posted March 23, 2010 - 08:13 PM

i just recently picked up a 426 for 1k. has new bottom and top end, excell rims, acerbis tank shrounds and mudd flap, starts 1st or 2nd kick. i was just wondering if you guys think it was a good deal. i'm coming from an 01 rockstar rm125.(still have this bike, and love it). i've been lurking, reading a ton of post on the 426. but i see there's conflicting post on what to do, what not to do and so on. just would like the thumper's opinion on the 426. thanx

duston

• lowercasee

Posted March 24, 2010 - 08:49 AM

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I paid $1800 for my 2001 WR426F in great condition.

If I were you, before riding it too much, I would change the oil and filter and also do a valve check (adjust if necessary). If it's running well, it likely won't need any adjustment to the valves, but better safe than sorry.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted March 25, 2010 - 04:27 AM

A grand sounds like a very good deal! Post some pictures and let us check it out!

• 92greenlx

Posted March 25, 2010 - 07:33 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

here's some pics of my toys i currently have. the graphics on the 426 i really didn't care for, so i tried to take them off, they can be a pain!!! as you can see, i didn't get all of it off yet.
sorry for the crappy pics, was taken with my phone.

• lowercasee

Posted March 26, 2010 - 04:59 AM

For $1000 I'd say you got a pretty solid looking bike!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.