Leaky Carb

10 replies to this topic
  • steveride

Posted March 22, 2010 - 06:33 PM

Why is gas pissin out the overflow hose on My Float Bowl?? The bike still runs great, But when I stop it pisses out!!
Thanks

• pablo83

Posted March 22, 2010 - 08:17 PM

Bad float valve and/or seat. You can try cleaning them, but the frequently need to be replaced when they stop working right.

• Birdy426

Posted March 22, 2010 - 08:44 PM

Real common problem on the YZFs/WRFs...the o-ring that seals the needle seat to the carb body rots out or compresses, and the float bowl over-fills.

• steveride

Posted March 23, 2010 - 06:52 AM

Thanks BIRDY!! You have 2 Very Cool Bikes!! I want to do the Yellow Hurricne Bike as well, But will Do it when I pick up an older WR250 in the Fall, My 450 is Great the Way it Is!! Oh ya thanks for the Headlite Idea!! Looks & Works Awesome!!
Cheers!!

• Chas_M

Posted March 23, 2010 - 09:00 AM

The O-ring that you need is Yamaha Part# 8 F2-14147-00.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Harry450

Posted March 23, 2010 - 12:37 PM

birdy, do you mean the o-ring on the accelerator pump or one of the other o-rings?

• Chas_M

Posted March 23, 2010 - 02:24 PM

The O-ring that you need is Yamaha Part# 8 F2-14147-00.

This is the O-ring that seals the float valve seat into the carb body. It is easy to replace.

• SXP

Posted March 23, 2010 - 05:53 PM

It is easy to replace.

Not on the 03+ carbs. The seat is pressed in (not held in place with the shoulder of a screw) and I've yet to figure out a way to take it apart without damaging the seat. If anyone has successfully done it please share.

• Birdy426

Posted March 24, 2010 - 08:49 PM

Not on the 03+ carbs. The seat is pressed in (not held in place with the shoulder of a screw) and I've yet to figure out a way to take it apart without damaging the seat. If anyone has successfully done it please share.

I would expect that if it's pressed in, it wouldn't be the source of the leak...

• Harry450

Posted March 25, 2010 - 01:22 AM

well i've got a new float valve and gaskets with me, so this weekend i'm going to replace them all and see how I go from there...

hope it fixes the issue!!!! need to ride!

• grizzzly

Posted March 25, 2010 - 07:01 PM

My 04 started pissing fuel out the over flow and shutting the fuel off didn’t stop it. What happened is the had been stored for a while and rubber in the petcock bonded to the aluminum valve and when I turned on the fuel it tear the rubber and small pieces of rubber went down the fuel line into the carb and got stuck in the float valve.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.