GYT-R Ty Davis Tank?

3 replies to this topic
  • Hick

Posted December 27, 2000 - 02:37 PM

I was looking at the GYT-R site from the rally guard mounts post and saw this tank:
Posted Image

From the description and picture it looks to be based on, or identical to, the IMS Ty Davis tank. I remember a few guys (Vincent WR400 for one) had problems with the petcock mounting threads. I wonder who is making this product for Yamaha? Are they just selling the same part?

For $230 (dry break included, blue or opaque) I think someone here should try this thing out (I already have an IMS).

• jimt_yz400

Posted December 27, 2000 - 02:40 PM

Not sure if this is the same tank as the Ty Davis unit. I attempted to get the tank to work bu I became very frusttrated with melting the fuel lines and having the kickstarter rubbing aluminum in the mold.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • socalmxer

Posted December 27, 2000 - 04:06 PM

Its an Acerbis tank.

• mikeolichney

Posted December 28, 2000 - 07:08 PM

jimt_yz400: This is not the tank from the earlier post. Ty Davis makes his own now, which is what you had trouble with. Mine works great-I can't figure out how you were melting the fuel line. Did you run a line to the side opposite the petcock? I just ran direct to the petcock and left the other side undrained (sort of a crude reserve tank). Most of it seems to splash over anyway. I only need 2.6 gal for my HS races so the extra was not important. Maybe that's the difference.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.