2010 yz450f

6 replies to this topic
  • Skotten

Posted March 22, 2010 - 12:59 PM

When I fall of my bike it´s usualy the radiator shrowds that get filled with sand and dirt, I got to thinking a bit, if you fell off a 2010s bike in the sand, wouldnt that fill the airfilter with sand?? I have a pre filter on my Crf I was thinking about getting another one and cutting out small circles to fit over the airbox intake holes. kinda like this pre filter.

Posted Image

Anyone see anything negative about this idea asides air restriction

• CaptainKnobby

Posted March 22, 2010 - 04:21 PM

You could use pantyhose and that would do the trick

• Mike546

Posted March 22, 2010 - 04:43 PM

You could use pantyhose and that would do the trick

But what would you wear on your legs?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GENE426

Posted March 22, 2010 - 04:47 PM

But what would you wear on your legs?

:thumbsup::banana::banana:too funny

• Skotten

Posted March 22, 2010 - 08:41 PM

I could just cut the toes off, no one will notice!!!

• BBrown626

Posted March 22, 2010 - 08:58 PM

You should put on a spring-loaded cover that closes off the intake when it hits the ground. You should also put a flapper on your exhaust to prevent plugging it up with a core sample from a whoop!

• Skotten

Posted March 22, 2010 - 09:24 PM

I´ll go strait to my local bulldozer shop and get an exhaust flap, I should be able to convert two mouse traps for the intakes:bonk:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.