Parting out my '03 WR450

18 replies to this topic
  • bloodline

Posted March 22, 2010 - 04:58 AM

Going to give it a week or so on Craigslist as a whole bike. If it doesn't sell, I'm parting it out.

What I have-

Complete running bike. New (6 months trail riding) OEM top end including complete head and a piston. New timing chain.

New stuff on the bike in the last 6 months- Mylers oversize radiators, Unabiker gurads (black), fork seals, chain and sprockets (DID and renthal), FMF Q4 (2 weeks old), etc.

All of the electric start components removed except for the starter itself.

YZ rear fender. Stock fender too.

Factory connection complete revalve and sprung for 190 lb rider front and rear. Super plush. Like a cadillac.

I'll post links here to the stuff on Ebay as I get it up.

-If it doesn't sell this week...

• bloodline

Posted March 22, 2010 - 05:26 AM

http://charleston.cr...1655412999.html

• panaman

Posted March 22, 2010 - 07:11 AM

$1500 sounds like a good deal.... I couldn't imagine it lasting long.. hell i had a 1997 XR400 i sold for 1200 bucks and I had people fighting over it in my driveway....... If for some wierd reason it isn't sold in a couple days......i might be interested in a second bike... and I got some cash laying around...... only down fall is that its like a 11 hour drive one way

One more thing.. i recommend you put some pictures up... for some reason stuff doesn't sell well on the internet without a picture or two

• xxinsaneriderxx

Posted March 22, 2010 - 07:23 AM

why would you part out a perfect bike?:confused i dont understand?

• mrlopez

Posted March 22, 2010 - 07:45 AM

Dibs on the engine with the electrical and carb if you end up parting out

• bloodline

Posted March 22, 2010 - 09:08 AM

why would you part out a perfect bike?:confused i dont understand?

Make more money. A hassle, but often worth it. Plus, I get to keep the parts i want like the 18" rear, bars, maybe even the suspension.

• bloodline

Posted March 22, 2010 - 09:12 AM

Dibs on the engine with the electrical and carb if you end up parting out

I don't want to get in to PMs and emails and all to part it out. I'm going to use Ebay. It's just too difficult otherwise.

• bloodline

Posted March 22, 2010 - 09:17 AM

$1500 sounds like a good deal.... I couldn't imagine it lasting long.. hell i had a 1997 XR400 i sold for 1200 bucks and I had people fighting over it in my driveway....... If for some wierd reason it isn't sold in a couple days......i might be interested in a second bike... and I got some cash laying around...... only down fall is that its like a 11 hour drive one way

One more thing.. i recommend you put some pictures up... for some reason stuff doesn't sell well on the internet without a picture or two

Thanks for the recommendation. I fully agree. I'll put up a video of it too.

• crazylikeafox

Posted March 22, 2010 - 11:11 AM

i'm in sc too not far from charleston. if you part it out shoot me a txt @ 803-571-0927

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chevy_Cowboy

Posted March 22, 2010 - 04:19 PM

whats it cost to ship a bike these days? My nephew has been looking for a decent trail bike, but we're 900 miles from charleston.

• bloodline

Posted March 23, 2010 - 06:33 AM

whats it cost to ship a bike these days? My nephew has been looking for a decent trail bike, but we're 900 miles from charleston.

I would think it could be done for under $200. I have a bunch of freight carriers around me. I could take the wheels off and strap it to a skid pretty easily.

Pics going on the craigslist add in a minute.

• bloodline

Posted March 23, 2010 - 06:38 PM

Pics are up.

Here's some larger ones. Somebody buy this thing before I start hacking it up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Chevy_Cowboy

Posted March 23, 2010 - 07:52 PM

What all would it take to get it back to electric start? Just a battery or is there other stuff missing? Do you still have any of the estart parts that were removed?

If you could check with the local freight carriers and find out what it'd cost to ship to 62801 I'd appreciate it.

• crazylikeafox

Posted March 24, 2010 - 05:29 AM

i'm in aiken,sc........man dont hack it up. lemme see what i can do..........i got some friends that are looking for a bike.

• mrlopez

Posted March 24, 2010 - 06:17 AM

Man if only you were close by I would it pick up off your hands already

• bloodline

Posted March 24, 2010 - 06:41 AM

i'm in aiken,sc........man dont hack it up. lemme see what i can do..........i got some friends that are looking for a bike.

I'd be willing to meet in columbia. I must say that I'm leaning towards parting it out. I want to keep some stuff.

Hurry.

• bloodline

Posted March 25, 2010 - 10:24 AM

A pic of the front. If it's not gone by sunday I'm tearing it apart.

What do you think the motor is worth? Should I sell the motor in parts too? I imagine the complete and virtually new head is worth some good money.

Posted Image

• crazylikeafox

Posted March 25, 2010 - 05:29 PM

wish i could have helped......called a couple guys but they werent interested right now. i'll take the pipe and muffler for my '03 wr450 though.

• bloodline

Posted April 06, 2010 - 10:25 AM

Sold the bike whole. Thanks for the interest folks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.