Colorado Riders

9 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 27, 2000 - 01:36 PM

How many Colorado riders are out there on this list? I'm in Golden and I met another guy here in town from this list. We've been riding together most of the fall now. Drop me a line at

Roostn in Denver

• mikeolichney

Posted December 27, 2000 - 05:03 PM

Sleekfreak is from Fort Collins and and I am from Lyons. I think there are a few others, including your host. Do you ever make it out to Berthod?

• daveyg

Posted December 29, 2000 - 10:36 PM

Hey Guys,

I lived in Colorado for 4 years, and one of those years was in Denver. I moved from there this past August, but did plenty of MX out at Watkins and a couple of times out at Berthod. I miss those tracks, with Watkins 100ft table tops and Berthod's wide open spaces. Now that I'm on the East Coast, I don't have the luxury of riding year round. Hope to get back out there again some day. BTW, Colorado Springs has a great track that you're probably familiar with called Aztec. Very well maintained and professionally organized races. It's worth the drive.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 29, 2000 - 10:46 PM

Hey guys,

I also used to live in CO, Colorado Springs. Raced SRAC for about 10yrs before moving to sunny California. Berthoud used to be one of my favorite tracks...always rough. Still stay in touch with a handfull of guys that now race the Vet and Senior classes in both MX and enduros. Also did a little roadracing (Aspen and the track east of Denver ???) and raced the Pikes Peak Hillclimb twice.
Miss all of the great areas to trailride at, however I don't miss the long cold season.....did I mention it's in the upper 70s today and may reach the 80s tomorrow ? Just kidding !
Stay warm,

• Merfman

Posted January 02, 2001 - 07:57 PM

Ken Murphy, Colorado Springs
Raced enduros for 13+ years, chairman of RMEC
for two of those years.
Now I spend most of my time trying to jet
my FoTwennySix. Glad I haven't gotten rid
of the TwoFitty yet. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott

Posted January 04, 2001 - 01:53 PM

I live in Highlands Ranch south of Denver.

99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Uni filter,E-Series pipe,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,lights removed,YZ tank,13 tooth sprocket

• Tom_N

Posted January 10, 2001 - 05:52 AM

Hey Colorado guys, I am in Wichita KS and have just taken up riding. I have a yz400 (in the shop poor mech & $$ basket case but another story for sure)my riding partner has an 01 ktm sx400 (sweet ride) and I want to road trip to ride some trails in Colorado as there are not any here. Actually there are only about 3 mx parks in the whole state of KS worth riding and 2 are privately owned.. Anyway where would be some good places to go to on a first trip to colorado for some riding? I don't mind doing the camping thing or staying in a hotel. Any suggestions that are easy to find and quick to get to from KS?

I think we should get a bunch of Thumpertalk members from around the country together for a big weekend ride fest!

• mikeolichney

Posted January 10, 2001 - 09:23 AM

Originally posted by Tom N:

I think we should get a bunch of Thumpertalk members from around the country together for a big weekend ride fest!

Crested Butte CO has some awesome riding-if the Clinton roadless plan did not shut a bunch down (I will check to see what the damage was). Anyway, if there is interest, I could put together a trip there for interested riders. I can get the rates REAL cheap as I am a partner in a rental property up there that sleeps 26. You can check it out at
It would be about $10 to $20 per person per night (depending on number of people). The place has 2 hot tubs, 9000 sq ft and a THREE CAR GARAGE THAT LOCKS for the bikes. If you check our rates you can see that I am just going to cover electricity, cleaning and some wear and tear. If I offend anyone by this post I apologize. This place would normally rent for $820/night, if I could get $200 night (10 to 20 people at $10 to $20) the other partners would be cool with it.
Is anyone interested in this?

• Tom_N

Posted January 10, 2001 - 10:20 PM

Interested - Hell yea I am interested and so is my riding partner... might even know a couple of other thumper riders who might be as well if we want em along.. I think it would be a blast to plan a short weekend thing for this summer or late spring.. I am not sure what the weather is like there? Surely we could get a bunch of thumpers together for something like this, maybe we should start a new board "colorado thumper trip" that everyone could post to and start planning..

I have to get my bike back from the shop and see if it runs (again thanks for your advice) but I think there is plenty of time for this.

Feel free to e-mail me directly at - home
or - work

Tom N.

• scottzx7rr

Posted January 10, 2001 - 10:48 PM

I am orginally from CO. I miss my poineer plates. LOL But I would also recommed Rampart Range. Some great trails.

Scott #431
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.