426 Frame guards

3 replies to this topic
  • thurgood

Posted March 21, 2010 - 04:37 PM

Can someone set the record straight - will frame guards for 450s fit a 426?

I've seen Works Connection guards list different part numbers for the 426 and 450, but UFO lists the same. Perhaps this is due to different shape/fitment between the brands?

I've got a Pro Moto Billet kickstand - do those interfere with frame guard mounting?

I just powdercoated my frame and the painted frame was bare on the sides. I'm trying to prevent that.

• tek_01

Posted March 21, 2010 - 05:12 PM

i have the WC guards on my 05 and the trailtech kickstand uses the chain roller bolt and also the subframe bolt. The spacer they provided with the stand did not fit in the hole the guards had for the subframe bolt so i had to grind that down to fit. Not sure if its the same as yours but just a heads up

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thurgood

Posted March 22, 2010 - 12:52 AM

This kickstand uses the chain roller bolt and subframe bolt as well so I can expect to do a little modification.

How about the 426/450 being the same or different part numbers?

How's the coverage with the WC guards versus the UFO?

• Ryan426

Posted March 22, 2010 - 02:24 AM

I have works on my 426 with a Pro Moto kick stand. Had to grind a little on the frame gurard by the kickstand.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.