Headlight Removal

2 replies to this topic
  • crazylikeafox

Posted March 21, 2010 - 01:26 PM

Does anyone out there have any pics of the headlight removed from a wr? What front no. plate was used? Where was the ignition button installed? Any advice would be great. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spockmoon

Posted March 21, 2010 - 05:27 PM

Firstly take the speedo and all associated brackets off. Also take the top brake line guide off. Tape up all the loose electrical connectors you don't need then use a yz450f front plate hack the top mount off and then cable tie top to forks just place a couple of small holes in the plate to do this.

Posted Image

The start button is a little more complex I just manufacted a little bracket from a peice of aluminium checker plate. Using the original as a guide I used the flat mount part and extended it so that I could use one of the speedo bracket mount holes/bolts under the triple clamp to attach to the bike. ending up like so

Posted Image

• crazylikeafox

Posted March 21, 2010 - 07:18 PM

thanks..........looks great

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.