my tank heat shield ''Pics''

The gas gets so hot it boils not good , i don't think it boils in the tank but it gets hot enough to now boil in the carb. this will help , the stuff i used is rated for 2000 degrees. as you can see I'm running VP fuel it makes the bike run a bit hotter.

The gas gets so hot it boils not good , i don't think it boils in the tank but it gets hot enough to now boil in the carb. this will help , the stuff i used is rated for 2000 degrees. as you can see I'm running VP fuel it makes the bike run a bit hotter.

shouldn't higher octane fuel make it run cooler?

Wow thats a old yosh pipe isnt it?What all did you have to do to make that guy fit?

Yes its old school , my buddy worked for Moto XXX years back and had a box of these left over and gave me a couple of them. so getting it to fit was fun , I got a mid pipe off ebay for 20 bucks but it was for an '06 , it was titanium though. I brought it to a custom pipe shop he flared the front to fit and we made an over under piece to fit in the silencer , also there was no mounting strap, so i made one using a serpentine belt check out the custom mount on top I built. please dont tell me the strap wont hold because i ran a whole season on it , and it still shows no sign of stress. I have included some pic's so check it out thanks!

newgraphicshillsbike012.jpgnewgraphicshillsbike013.jpgnewgraphicshillsbike014.jpgnewgraphicshillsbike015.jpgnewgraphicshillsbike016.jpg

I did the same when I fitted a larger Clarke tank to my YZ400F. As the tank wraps over the engine at the sides I was concerned that the fuel would get heated up.

As I ride in a hot desert environment, the ambient temperature is high enough without adding engine heat to the fuel as well. The heat tape has hopefully, reduced any heat transfer to the fuel and after 12+ months of riding I am pleased to say no issues with the fuel getting too hot.