cheap kill switches

4 replies to this topic
  • Beta_Man

Posted May 29, 2003 - 07:08 AM

I dont know what happen (i didnt even crash) and my kill switch broke. I think i will be better of buying a older style they seem better made. But will they have the same connection or will I have to make my own connectors. Has this happened to many people or am i just a lucky one. :)

• ddialogue

Posted May 29, 2003 - 08:32 AM

I think the tall switches poke out too much. I had to lean way over the bars climbing a steep rock section in Moab and that switch got caught on one of the slits in my chest protector and got yanked right off. I picked up the flat, old style that comes on the YZ250. The connectors are different but it's nothing an easy soldering job can't handle. Haven't had a problem with it since although I'm just waiting for the starter button to do the same thing. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toyota_mdt_tech

Posted May 29, 2003 - 07:12 PM

I have always like the Honda kill switch, you know, the 3 position "off-on-off", sometimes with a stuck throttle, holding a finger on the button can be tough when your trying to hold on to the bars for dear life, while the Honda type, you just knock it either way, but a branch could do the same thing if its positioned wrong. If mine ever fails, I'm getting the Honda one.

• JamesD

Posted May 30, 2003 - 05:44 AM

I'd sell you the one I took off mine when I went dual sport but I discovered the kill button that came with the kit doesn't work. Bought the kit so I wouldn't have to do wiring... now what do I have to do? Wiring. <groan>

Check the dual sport area. I posted a list of places with parts... some of them had kill switches too.

• Jonesy920

Posted June 01, 2003 - 01:01 PM

I had the Grey center button on my starter come out when I fell. Had to buy the whole starter switch and plug to the tune of $30. It happened right after I made fun of my buddy kicking away at his Husky. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.