2009 Rekluse Pro install with pictures...

24 replies to this topic
  • locomike

Posted March 21, 2010 - 08:42 AM

so essentially u only need the clutch to change gears?

I have never really used the clutch to change gears on any of my dirt bikes. Just let off the throttle a little to unload the gears and shift. The Rekluse allows me to do the same thing.

• Gunner354

Posted March 21, 2010 - 09:11 AM

That is what I am hoping for. I ride rocky desert trails and tight nasty woods so I'm hoping it will be as good for me as everyone else says it is for them.

Those are two areas where it really shines. It's one of those things that you will tell yourself why did I wait so long.
Just remember that when going down hill and you use the rear brake it will disengage and free wheel. A little scary the first couple of times, but once you learn to blip the throttle it will engage the clutch and the engine braking returns.
You can also not bump start the motor but those incidents are very rare.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JandJ07

Posted March 21, 2010 - 09:34 AM

Great job with the tutorial!! Thanks for spending the extra time.

• s14 2510s

Posted March 22, 2010 - 03:51 AM

You can also not bump start the motor but those incidents are very rare.

Thats why they tell you to loctite your kick starter bolt. Mine came loose the first 3 hour I did. It got blue loctite shortly after.

• fosbibr

Posted March 22, 2010 - 01:50 PM

Most people that ride with a Rekluse are hooked and will not own another bike without one. They are just magical in most riding conditions.

I have one on my '08 and love it. I came from a mountain biking background and also installed the left hand rear brake and I'm in heaven - I have much more control of the braking and never worry about stalling.

I rode my WR a couple of weeks ago - my dad usually rides it - and it is set up normal. It still felt normal to me to ride like that but I much prefer the set up with the Rekluse.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.