oil leaking out weep hole

6 replies to this topic
  • wrrider15

Posted March 20, 2010 - 01:18 AM

i got oil leaking out of the weep hole on the exhaust side of the head on my 04 wr450...only just bought the bike,could it be the rocker cover gasket is not sealed properly around spark plug hole?
thanks

• eu001939

Posted March 20, 2010 - 06:29 AM

Do you have a picture ?

• wrrider15

Posted March 20, 2010 - 03:03 PM

sorry dont have a pic....its just oil coming out of the little round hole that is in the middle of the right side of head

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zukrider

Posted March 20, 2010 - 03:39 PM

Are you talking about the drain hole. It drains any water that might get down in the spark plug well. If that is the case I'm not sure about oil coming out of there.

• wrrider15

Posted March 20, 2010 - 03:58 PM

yes,the drain hole for the spark plug well. i have oil seeping out that hole when the bike is running.
im hoping it is a bad top cover gasket not sealing around the spark plug hole.

• copsey

Posted March 21, 2010 - 03:06 PM

That's what it sounds like to me. I would pull it off and look for any pinch marks from where it was not seated properly.

• wrrider15

Posted March 21, 2010 - 03:27 PM

yes there is deffinatly a pinch mark around the spark plug hole of the rubber gasket...ordered a new one be here couple days...will let ya know how i go

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.