Rekluse clutch opinions?

4 replies to this topic
  • Lars334

Posted March 19, 2010 - 02:16 PM

I'm thinking of installing a ez start "pro" rekluse clutch in my 2008 YZ450. I'm doing motocross riding and plan to transition to mostly harescrambles. Has anyone used one for motocross/trail riding? If so, I would value any opinions. Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted March 19, 2010 - 02:41 PM

Before I say anything else, let me sincerely welcome you to ThumperTalk. I'm honestly glad you are here, and I really do hope that you find it both useful and enjoyable. Really I do.

Now...

If you click on "Search this Forum" and type in "anyone rekluse", you'll get 160 hits in less than a second. Lots of info; common question.

:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ReedRulz

Posted March 19, 2010 - 03:07 PM

I'm thinking of installing a ez start "pro" rekluse clutch in my 2008 YZ450. I'm doing motocross riding and plan to transition to mostly harescrambles. Has anyone used one for motocross/trail riding? If so, I would value any opinions. Thanks.

I have a Rekluse Z start pro in my 2007 YZ450F and it works great. You never have to pull in the clutch if you dont want to but you can ride it like it has a normal clutch also. When you get it dialed in right it never stalls. I dont think there are any negatives to having one. I ride 90% motocross but it probably helps even more trail riding.:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted March 19, 2010 - 03:22 PM

I dont think there are any negatives to having one.

That depends on how much you enjoy having the ability to bump start.

• ReedRulz

Posted March 19, 2010 - 04:31 PM

That depends on how much you enjoy having the ability to bump start.

You got me on that one. If the clutch is set up correct you shouldnt cut off to have to bump start unless you want to start like that to begin with.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.