Another Make-Over Post with Pics and Specs

27 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted March 20, 2010 - 10:48 AM

The silhouette holes are courtesy of a Les Baer 1911, .45 hand held a 25 yards. A fine pistol indeed.

1911's are cool. I love my Kimber.

Now imagine setting that same target 1500 yards out and putting 19 of 20 rounds on the black with an M14 DMR (308 Win). See my sig, and guess who did that.

On topic, what did you think of the Cycra plastics overall?

• FinchFan194

Posted March 20, 2010 - 12:17 PM

As for the gearing, stock is 13/49 and in that photo I have 14/47 for the Adelanto Grand Prix race.

Cool I jump back and forth between 13/49 and 13/47.:thumbsup:

• FinchFan194

Posted March 20, 2010 - 12:20 PM

That video was sick BTW!

• clutchless

Posted March 20, 2010 - 12:26 PM

nice vid for sure.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted March 22, 2010 - 06:40 AM

Black done right... nice job!

• Mighty_Whitey

Posted January 28, 2011 - 07:17 PM

Gray,

You must be damn proud of your son, I know I would be. My dad was custom rifle builder and I grew up watching him rifle barrels, float stocks, etc. Then we would hit the range every weekend and put 1/2" groups of five at 500 yds. We were both competition bench rest shooters for many years...truly a great hobby.

As for the Cycra plastics, I have to say that I'm not impressed...AT ALL. The rear fender literally broke from back tire roost. I hadn't fell over or been run into and I look over after a moto session and the very back tip of the vendor is missing a 3" chunk. The front fender is very flimsy and likes to wiggle a lot. Yes, I wont' buy them again unless they make some significant changes to their stuff.

Doug

• JDLowrance

Posted January 28, 2011 - 07:56 PM

Gray,

You must be damn proud of your son, I know I would be. My dad was custom rifle builder and I grew up watching him rifle barrels, float stocks, etc. Then we would hit the range every weekend and put 1/2" groups of five at 500 yds. We were both competition bench rest shooters for many years...truly a great hobby.

As for the Cycra plastics, I have to say that I'm not impressed...AT ALL. The rear fender literally broke from back tire roost. I hadn't fell over or been run into and I look over after a moto session and the very back tip of the vendor is missing a 3" chunk. The front fender is very flimsy and likes to wiggle a lot. Yes, I wont' buy them again unless they make some significant changes to their stuff.

Doug

Whitey,

Just checking to see if we've met. Do you know a guy named the "The Greek" Jimmy "The Greek" to be exact?

John

• motojase316

Posted January 30, 2011 - 02:08 AM

Looks great!!! I don't see the freestyle look, That is wiped by the race numbers.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.