Pro Taper AE70??

3 replies to this topic
  • CanadianWR450

Posted March 18, 2010 - 01:54 PM

So I'm looking to get a set of guards for my handle bars.
The current bars are not the stock ones, and were put on by the PO..

They are Pro taper bars, and from the markings on the bars, appear to be a "AE70"

Tried searching on here, found next to nothing, and on google, I only find Mountain Bike sites?? :banana:

So 2 questions...

- Whats the deal with these bars?
- What do I need to know to get a set of full wrap around "Bark Buster" style guards for them?

• BillDozer

Posted March 18, 2010 - 08:07 PM

I dont know what AE70 is but Pro-Tapers are bad ass.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gsa102

Posted March 19, 2010 - 04:59 AM

What year is your bike? My 07 has stock protapers with handguards.

• CanadianWR450

Posted March 19, 2010 - 07:32 AM

It is a 04, and I know they come with protapers, but these are not the stock, original ones, they are wider, no "crossbar", and, are gold in color....they kinda look like the "EVO's"......

The only real markings I can find though is "AE70", and a search on here brings me only ONE hit:

All other hits on google bring me to a mountaun bike

And it refers to a "Easton EA70 Monkeybar", which, actually, looks a LOT like mine, except color....

Easton is "Protaper", my bars DO say both "ProTaper", AND "Easton" on them...

The "pad" on the clamps for the bar is a "Protaper" pad/cover...looks like all the other protaper pads/covers, and it also says "EA70" on it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.