Sticky accelerator pump, what's up?

1 reply to this topic
  • Dodger

Posted May 28, 2003 - 04:18 PM

What would be causing my accelerator pump to stick?? I can make it go through the full motion by hand, but it won't spit but a few dribbles on it's own.

The bike was submerged back in March and I cleaned most everything in the carb, don't recolect doing anything with the A.P. though.

What's the trick to cleaning it?

Thanks as usual....

Dodger :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted May 28, 2003 - 06:29 PM

I would say that, if you haven't already, you need to remove the actuating rod and clean the passage in the carb where it operates. You may also consider polishing up the rod with some emery paper.

To remove it, just yank it straight down. It will pop out of the black plastic actuating arm.

That'd be my guess...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.