Anyone still waiting for a pre-ordered 2010 450?

10 replies to this topic
  • Davey762

Posted March 18, 2010 - 06:00 AM

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone is still waiting for their 2010? I live in Canada but still, there was a memember from BC that had his back in December. My brother is away at school 8 hours west of me and saw one in the back of a truck over a month ago. One dealership 6 hours south has one sitting on the show room floor for sale! I put a down payment on mine back in november and I'm still waiting!? Shouldnt the guys have paid down get the bike before a showroom bike?

EDIT: Just found a contact section on the yamaha canada website, contacting them to see what they say.

Thanks, Dave.

• NE14MX

Posted March 18, 2010 - 06:45 AM

Well I just checked and mine will be ready for pick up at 3:00 today. Troy City Garage near Albany.

Edited by NE14MX, March 18, 2010 - 06:45 AM.
additional info

• BigBadCanadian

Posted March 18, 2010 - 08:51 AM

I'm in alberta, and am currently trading up, i was talking to my dealer here and apparently the guy who does the yamaha canada's orders for all dealers messed up and didn't order enough or something, white one's are hard to come by apparently. not sure on ur situation but thats what i was told. at any rate you can walk into just bout any dealership here and grab one. i'm the 3rd guy to get one in my group anywhere from 9100-9500 what urs running out there

• Davey762

Posted March 18, 2010 - 09:26 AM

I'm in alberta, and am currently trading up, i was talking to my dealer here and apparently the guy who does the yamaha canada's orders for all dealers messed up and didn't order enough or something, white one's are hard to come by apparently. not sure on ur situation but thats what i was told. at any rate you can walk into just bout any dealership here and grab one. i'm the 3rd guy to get one in my group anywhere from 9100-9500 what urs running out there

Just after calling yamaha directly and getting the "the person who takes care of that is away from her desk, she'll get back to you" thing my dealer emailed me and said the bike will be here next week. Not sure if the events are related but glad to hear it will be in my garage soon.

The prices you're talking about are before taxes right!? if not i'm not getting a good price lol... but if you are talking about before taxes I'm on the lower end of your prices listed.

• BigBadCanadian

Posted March 18, 2010 - 12:08 PM

Just after calling yamaha directly and getting the "the person who takes care of that is away from her desk, she'll get back to you" thing my dealer emailed me and said the bike will be here next week. Not sure if the events are related but glad to hear it will be in my garage soon.

The prices you're talking about are before taxes right!? if not i'm not getting a good price lol... but if you are talking about before taxes I'm on the lower end of your prices listed.

yup that's sticker price not OTD, seems bout right then smaller shops are asking a little more but big city prices seem to be around that 91 92 mark. all seems well then good to hear

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • meathead

Posted March 18, 2010 - 03:13 PM

Im waiting for mine its 4-6 weeks away if i decide to take it and the price is $8200. Its between the YZ or the KX that I can get right now for $8199 im not sure what to do...:banana:

Edited by meathead, March 18, 2010 - 05:53 PM.

• Thumper38

Posted March 19, 2010 - 06:41 AM

Im waiting for mine its 4-6 weeks away if i decide to take it and the price is $8200. Its between the YZ or the KX that I can get right now for $8199 im not sure what to do...:banana:

I made the change from the Kawi to the Yami and I can tell you I am glad I made the switch!

• meathead

Posted March 19, 2010 - 08:55 AM

Thanks what did you like about the Yami over the Kawi?

• Thumper38

Posted March 19, 2010 - 12:59 PM

Thanks what did you like about the Yami over the Kawi?

I love the motor, it is very very strong on the bottom and it does flatten off alittle but not that bad. It turns when and where ever you want it to and feels very light while in motion. I feel I have more room on it in comparison to the Kawi, and the Kawi is supposed to be roomier???? If you get the opportunity to ride one take it!

• meathead

Posted March 20, 2010 - 07:58 PM

SOLD!!! Thanks Ill be waiting the 4-6 weeks for mine instead of getting the Kawi Now what color to get...:lol::thumbsup:

Edited by meathead, March 20, 2010 - 09:02 PM.

• forklord

Posted March 21, 2010 - 08:04 AM

I just bought a brand new 07 450 in september for 7 g's thought i was gettin a deal. In feb this year they had one 2010 450 left special edition for 8499. damnit all! haha. i'll be having one next year i do believe!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.