ICO Checkmate Sensor

7 replies to this topic
  • JM450

Posted March 17, 2010 - 07:25 PM

I have a 2008 wr 450 and I'm setting up my checkmate. Looking for ideas on the magnet / sensor placement. The way the bottom of the fork is stepped down it I'm having hard time finding a good spot to mount the sensor. And has anybody mounted the magnet on the disk using the mounting tab ?

Thanks

• SoCA_DRZ

Posted March 19, 2010 - 07:06 AM

I used a rotor bolt magnet from trailtech. $8 and better than gluing your magnet to the wheel.

http://trailtech.net/magnets.html

If your 08 WR has the same lower as my 05 YZ, I just trimmed the outer side of the bracket, drilled 2 holes to mount the bracket to the lower pinch bolts and bent the bracket so it lays against the fork protector. Aligns right up with the rotor magnet. I can take a pic tonight if it would help you.

• JM450

Posted March 19, 2010 - 02:48 PM

That would be great if you could send a picture, I'd like to see how you did it. And thanks for the link. I don't like gluing them to my wheel either.

• SoCA_DRZ

Posted March 19, 2010 - 08:24 PM

Here you go.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aruggiero

Posted June 13, 2010 - 10:55 AM

Where's the magnet ?
what magnet did you order from trail tech -part #

• GCannon

Posted June 14, 2010 - 01:46 PM

Why can't you drill and tap a hole in the caliper bracket and screw the sensor into the caliper bracket or mount and not use the sheet metal bracket? The trail tech magnet bolt is the way to go

http://icoracing.com...als/SensMag.pdf

• JM450

Posted June 15, 2010 - 04:54 AM

Where's the magnet ?
what magnet did you order from trail tech -part #

I can't remember which part number it was, but I called trail tech. and told them what I was up to and they send me an assortment. Seems like it was about $13 with shipping. Alot easier way to mount and it seems to work just fine. Magnet bolts through one of the holes in the disk.

• aruggiero

Posted June 15, 2010 - 09:27 PM

Thanks
I played with the sensor mount and broke it in 2
$15 x 2
I saw a pic on another post that was tapped to the caliper
but ICO sells the mount so
OH WELL:bonk::thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.