Knee braces....who's the best ?

8 replies to this topic
  • jaybird67k

Posted December 25, 2000 - 04:33 PM

I was curious to see how many out there were
wearing knee braces, and to see which were the most comfortable.I have narrowed it down to 2 different braces, the EVS rs6 and the
XO-skeleton. The XO weighs in at $750 dollars and the EVS is about $400 buckaroos.
Which is the best ? I have no injuries, but I would like to avoid any with the best that technology has to offer. I'm looking mainly for protection.

Thanks, Jason

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted December 26, 2000 - 07:43 AM

I used to be into freestyle skiing / jumping and blew out both knees. My left had reconstruction in '88 and my right I blew out in '95. Obviously that was it for downhill! I got into x-country skiiing in a big way after ( mostly skate ) and I use a Carbon fiber / stainless brace from Innovation. It is worth about 1500.00 canadian. I refuse to use this brace for moto as I want to keep it it working order for skiing. Please let me know hat you find / decide on as I will be purshasing a set ( left / right ) in the spring when snow melts. I think weight training / stretching is a must also, especially for those of us in their 30's on up.

• scottzx7rr

Posted December 26, 2000 - 08:05 AM

For Dirtbike riding I have heard great things about the Fox setup. I know that it runs around $100.00. I had a cutom one made for me by the local Physical Therapy/Sports Doctor that cost me around $2000.00. But it fits perfect. But here is a pic of the fox one. It is called the Fox Exoflex Kneebrace.

Posted Image

Scott #431
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

• smitty33

Posted December 26, 2000 - 10:42 PM

jaybird67k & Hugh LePage

If you guys want some testing info on the XO-Skeleton, I did a review on their product last month.
Check it out here: http://www.fastbydes...rage_brace.html

I am also in the over 30 age group, and would not ride without knee braces.

I have also tried the Fox Exoflex Kneebrace
and its a good product for the price, but like many other things in life, you get what you pay for.

Hold it Wide...

Hold it Wide...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EMARacing

Posted December 26, 2000 - 02:05 PM

XO-Skeleton without a doubt. It is by far the best off the shelf knee brace you can buy.

John E. Walker

• jaybird67k

Posted December 28, 2000 - 05:05 PM

I sure appreciate it guy's
Thanks for all the info. I guess I'd better go work some overtime to get those braces.

Thanks, Jason

Beaumont, TX

• Glen_T

Posted December 28, 2000 - 10:15 PM

I have a pair of the EVS braces and I love them. They are a bit tough to fit under standard riding pants though. They have become a part of my gear like a helmet... After you get used to them you feel vulnerable without them. Must be an age thing. The older I get the more gear I feel is necessary!

The brave taste of death once, but a coward dies many times before his death.

• smitty33

Posted December 29, 2000 - 09:27 AM

hey jaybird67k,

XO-Skeleton also has the Guage Knee Brace and its very similar to the Rage but it's about 200 bux cheaper per set.

Happy New year All!

Hold it Wide...

• jaybird67k

Posted December 29, 2000 - 12:00 PM

Thanks Smitty, I went on ahead and ordered a
set of EVS RS6's for now, but if I dont feel
comfortable with them I'll try to sell them at a reduced price and get the XO skeleton's.
Later, Jason

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.