Just bought a 04 YZ450F, I have race setup questions!?

7 replies to this topic
  • Streamline

Posted March 16, 2010 - 08:20 PM

I just picked up a 04 YZ400F today before I came into work and I wanted to know if the stock exhaust will meet the 98db level for WORCS etc? Last time I raced WORCS they didn't have the rule (5 years ago) so I just wanted to know? If not what can I get to make sure I do?

I'm planning to race some WORCS and a lot of BITD (Best in the Desert) after I get used to the 450 coming from a 98 YZ400F, so what else should I make sure to get/do to make my bike as bullet proof as possible? The bike is pretty much stock other than some handguards, gripper seat, and a kickstand haha. The last guy also had the susp lowered and me being 6'2...well I may have to change that a bit but I'm not much of a wrench. And anything is better than the condition my 400F was in haha.

Thanks for the advice. Tyler

• Streamline

Posted March 17, 2010 - 03:54 PM

Anybody?

• larsoc5

Posted March 17, 2010 - 05:06 PM

My 06 wasn't even close to 98 db with stock exhaust. I think it was in the 105-110 range. I put on a Pro Moto Billet end cap and passed 96db.

• bobbydoo62

Posted March 17, 2010 - 06:48 PM

I have an 04 also. I have a GYTR silencer with a quiet insert. I have raced offroad and pased 98. I don't think stock would pass.

Have you heard of the DB-dawg. I have not tried it but a lot off offroad guys have used these.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mjw1

Posted March 17, 2010 - 07:11 PM

I have been racing the lake havasu worcs race for the last 4 years and far as i know the 98 db is just for the pro classes my bike is more like 110 db. and never had any problems i race in the 450c class.

• Streamline

Posted March 17, 2010 - 07:12 PM

Anybody know of the least expensive option to pass 98db?

• Streamline

Posted March 17, 2010 - 07:14 PM

I have been racing the lake havasu worcs race for the last 4 years and far as i know the 98 db is just for the pro classes my bike is more like 110 db. and never had any problems i race in the 450c class.

I think so as well but BITD (best in the desert) is strict to 98db. I'd like to race a lot of those so I need to be able to pass it. :banana:

• ace402

Posted March 19, 2010 - 11:07 AM

I have an 05 and pass 99db at my track with the stock exhaust

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.