OT 84 xr500 basket case

1 reply to this topic
  • flyinW

Posted May 28, 2003 - 08:03 AM

I know it's a little off topic but I thought I'd ask... got a buddy of mine that's got an 1984 XR500 basket case that's complete and he wants to give it to me... problem is it's got 2 carbs and a bad head (valves I think)... Is it worth the time and trouble to repair this thing? I understand that there are aftermarket intakes that remedy the 2 carb thing, but I understand that the heads are difficult to come by & expensive..

TIA :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrianVT

Posted May 29, 2003 - 01:18 AM

The 2 carb thing isn't a problem, other than the throttle pull's a little heavier. Finding a head will be the issue. I've got a spare motor but haven't decided what I'll do with it yet and it'd probably cost more to get it to you than you'd wanna pay. :)

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.