2010 & fuel hose connector

1 reply to this topic
  • SaddleBackAgain

Posted March 16, 2010 - 11:32 AM

Just got my 2010, trying to pull the gas tank off, following the manual's instructions for disconnecting the fuel line. Really unclear.

If you've done this, please help clarify:

1. does the orange clip come all the way off? or just slide down slightly?

2. when the 2 buttons are pushed in, does the connector just pop apart? Or does it still take some force to get it separated? (I can get the connector to move slightly, but I don't want to pull any harder)

3. when the connector does separate, will fuel come running out of the tank? Or does the fuel pump prevent this?

(kind'a missing the petcock...)
Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt116

Posted March 16, 2010 - 03:18 PM

Just got my 2010, trying to pull the gas tank off, following the manual's instructions for disconnecting the fuel line. Really unclear.

If you've done this, please help clarify:

1. does the orange clip come all the way off? or just slide down slightly?

2. when the 2 buttons are pushed in, does the connector just pop apart? Or does it still take some force to get it separated? (I can get the connector to move slightly, but I don't want to pull any harder)

3. when the connector does separate, will fuel come running out of the tank? Or does the fuel pump prevent this?

(kind'a missing the petcock...)
Thanks!

First you must remove the black clip this is holding the orange clip from sliding down.
No the orange clip does not come off it only slides down about a 1/4".
Its does take a little wiggling once the buttons are pushed in to remove the line.
No gas will not come running out of the tank but you may get a little out of the hose running to the injector.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.