Shelves in Trailer HELP ME INSTALL!!

5 replies to this topic
  • Merrick8

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

Just purchased a used Timber wolf 6 x15 enclosed trailer. I saw some great pics of some awesome set ups. This is all new to me. How do you attach shelves and brackets, are the studs metal or wood. Inside has finished walls so I cant tell if they are wood or metal

• dirt_rider_39

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:14 AM

First look at how the walls are attached if they have screws pull one out and with a flashlight look in the hole...odds are its steel..

Then use where the factory screws are for your mounting points...

• weathergeek

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:18 AM

You want ideas? Here is plenty to keep you busy:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=355022

• Valkrider15

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

I bought some steel wire racks from Home Depot (or was it Lowes). They mount to a vertical piece that I screwed into the steel frame ribs of the trailer. Allows me to adjust height and store a number of things like crates and gear bags. Has worked great for the last couple of years. Here are some pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also mounted two enclosed cupboards up front:

Posted Image

And a rack for Oils and such on the door:

Posted Image

• loki1313

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:43 PM

its probably 3/8 plywood on the inside. i put shelves and such in mine with just basic wood screws, just make sure they are long enough to get through the wood but short enough to not puncture the outer shell

• 06yz

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:43 AM

[COLOR="Blue"]Just mount your shelves to the same area the wall paneling screws are. Like said above, pull an existing screw out of the wall and see if it is a self tapping screw. If it is get some more and install your shelving w/ them.

MAX!!![/COLOR]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.