YZ426F Question

3 replies to this topic
  • gordster1122

Posted March 16, 2010 - 07:48 AM

i was looking at the SCARY FAST POWER PLUS and was wondering if it would fit on my bike and my other question is anyone runnign a jet kit on there 426 on if you are what kind of gains did you notice like speed,power http://www.scaryfast...et/4_stroke.htm

• grayracer513

Posted March 16, 2010 - 08:06 AM

Waste of money, IMO. Either item is only effective at up to 1/2 throttle. This is a point they actually mention in their ad, but they zip by it so passingly that you might not notice. In a higher strung engine like a 250F, they can improve the overall crispness of part throttle performance, but they won't do much of anything noticeable for the power output, and will do little if anything for a 426. Some do think it makes the bike start easier, but....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted March 16, 2010 - 08:37 AM

I had the home brew version on my 426 and it did nothing for the bike. That is until the plate somehow got bent in a U shape and made the bike run horribly. I removed it and never looked back.

• gordster1122

Posted March 16, 2010 - 11:48 AM

alright thanks guys thought it wouldnt do anything just going to get the jet kit

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.