How to compare USA and european jet needle.

2 replies to this topic
  • Rune

Posted May 28, 2003 - 01:45 AM

Hello guys, by mistake i ordered a #DRS needle (USA) for my European model wr426f 2001. I changed it with the std. #DQR (EUR) needle and my bike runs fine. Does anyone now which EUR needle the #DRS is similar to??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CuLayTur

Posted May 28, 2003 - 02:48 AM

I don't think there is a US vs. a EUR needle. The DQR needle is a 1/2 clip shorter than the DRS needle in length. They may have included the DQR needle with your bike if your exhaust is an little more open (less restrictive) than the US model.

Curt

• Hick

Posted May 28, 2003 - 09:07 AM

The DQR needle is a 1/2 clip shorter than the DRS needle in length.

The DQR is also one size richer on the straight diameter (letter R vs. letter S), this governs mixture just off the pilot, before the needle comes on to the taper.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.