which jet kit for 08 WR450?

4 replies to this topic
  • moondoo

Posted March 15, 2010 - 09:07 AM

Which jet kit works the best?

• panaman

Posted March 15, 2010 - 09:18 AM

i installed the JD kit.. bought it from TT

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OUTERLIMITS

Posted March 15, 2010 - 11:58 AM

If for no other reason, I would go with the JD kit so as to be on the same playing field with most others here as far as suggestions in fine tuning the bike. JD will give you a good starting point to work from, but it's not the final say. After using the JD instructions, I later changed the pilot and leak jet based on what some people were running and the bike runs (and starts) worlds better than it did after installing the kit originally. Some people run the GYTR kit as well, but you likely find less fine tuning info on that one. Due to the JD needles, setup for it compared to the GYTR is not necessarily the same.

• erickdj

Posted March 15, 2010 - 02:51 PM

JD will give you a good starting point to work from, but it's not the final say. After using the JD instructions, I later changed the pilot and leak jet based on what some people were running and the bike runs (and starts) worlds better than it did after installing the kit originally.

Spend a few minutes reading through the jetting database thread and see which settings other people are using. Then spend about $25 for a needle and jets.

• ericahearn

Posted March 15, 2010 - 05:25 PM

I bought the gytr ais kit and used the needle, main air, and leak jet. Used 168 main, 48 pilot. Bike starts and runs like a whole new bike. Plus it gets rid of all that air piping on the motor. Good deal for around $55.:banana:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.