2006 vs 2007 wr450f

2 replies to this topic
  • OldtimerTC

Posted March 15, 2010 - 08:41 AM

I am looking for a used wr450f to use as a dual sport bike in Arizona. Plating things here is easy so that is no concern.
I have been reading all the pro's and cons and it looks like there is a significant difference between the 06 and 07 models.

I will be using the bike for long range (150-200 miles per day) hardcore dual sporting.(AMA dual sport series- all a-loops) The magic e button is critical to an old gut like me so that's a must have.
I have found several hardly used 06 models in the 3k price range locally but VERY few 07 or newer. The 07 models are also much more expensive...

So my question is simple....

Go cheap and buy the hardly used 06 model and use the xtra cash for dual-sport mods ?

Hold out for an 07 or newer ?

Or wait and see if the 2011 is factory plated ??

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted March 15, 2010 - 08:53 AM

Go cheap and buy the hardly used 06 model and use the xtra cash for dual-sport mods ?

Hold out for an 07 or newer ?

Or wait and see if the 2011 is factory plated ?

I have both an 06 and 07 (both plated)...both setup for desert/dual sport

I can ride both bikes back to back and can not tell the difference between them...

However the 06 is 10 times easier to work on :lol:

If you dont care about "looks" then get the 06 (IMHO)

Oh and I doubt the '11 will be plated or FI for that matter :banana:

• C-P

Posted March 16, 2010 - 06:54 AM

It seems that if you look around enough, you should be able to find an 07 in the $3 - $3500 range. True that everything is packed in pretty good when trying to get at the valves or the carb, but oil and air filter changes are a little smoother, no oil up in the frame, etc.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.