please tell me i didn't blow her up

4 replies to this topic
  • VTthumper426

Posted May 27, 2003 - 04:14 PM

Alright so i changed my oil and the oil filter today, checked everything to see if it was tight, and cracked open the bolt on the oil line, to see if i had pressure, which i did. So after that i started her up and looked down at the pipe, and it was red hot, coming off the head. I can't start it now either.Maybe i just have never seen the pipe in a dim light , i don't know.. Let me know what you guys think.. Help me out

• steves389

Posted May 27, 2003 - 04:25 PM

Mine glows everytime. Change the plug.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SBG

Posted May 27, 2003 - 05:56 PM

Read NEW OWNERS PLEASE READ! , 6th topic down on the board.

• Anthem

Posted May 27, 2003 - 06:48 PM

The red is normal, and mine took a (whole) lot of kicking to get him going after my first 2 oil changes and both air filter cleanings. I haven't figured out the trick yet, but holding in the lever and kicking it through a bunch of times then futzing with the hot start got mine going eventually. You didn't break anything. Then again, I speak with all of three weeks' experience myself...

• BJE

Posted May 28, 2003 - 01:48 AM

The WR's are often very difficult to start immediately after you've installed a freshly oiled air filter. Give it 12 hours and it will start up right away.

As an FYI, oil a second air filter in advance and keep in in a plastic bag if you wish to just switch and go. Otherwise, on the off chance you do get it started immediately, you run the risk of sucking air filter oil into the carb - a messy proposition to be sure.

Hope this helps

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.