Kickstart Repair

3 replies to this topic
  • jez6968

Posted March 14, 2010 - 06:47 PM

Hello, I have a 2001 wr426 the kickstart works but flops out when riding, can I buy a repair kit or will I have to buy a new one, has anybody had this problem and what did you do to repair it. Thanks Jez6968:moon:

• MaxPower

Posted March 14, 2010 - 08:23 PM

[COLOR="Green"]take your kicker apart and clean everything
See the little spring? Go to the home depot and get a matching spring in the specialty parts draws. Get one just little longer
Grease it up and put it back together
If that doesnt work I may have a kicker for that bike somewhere[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted March 15, 2010 - 08:27 AM

Once the aluminum kick lever is badly worn there is little you can do for a permanent repair. My advice is to buy a new kick starter and save the worn one for a spare.

• jez6968

Posted March 17, 2010 - 03:04 AM

Thanks for the help everybody, took the kick start to bits replaced spring and bearing, cleaned it all up and is now working much better. Thanks everybody Jez...... In the UK a new kickstart is £172 inc vat. Bearing £0.11p and spring £ 0.74p good cheap fix

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.