05 wr450 backfires when starting

1 reply to this topic
  • Parx_400

Posted March 14, 2010 - 04:21 PM

Hi all. i have an 05 wr450. Bike has drd pipe no ais. The bike has started to backfire when using the Estart. About every5 rotation the bike backfires. it will idle fine once it starts. It also need to hotstart to fire now. I don't remember it needing it before the back fire started.

I changed the header gasket thinking it was sucking air but it did not fix the problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Hill Boys

Posted March 21, 2010 - 03:31 PM

Any luck? I just put a YZ exhaust on mine and it's backfiring big time now (I did notice one while starting, but mostly on decel). I was thinking the midpipe gasket also.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.