Trail tools for a CRF450X?

6 replies to this topic
  • mottaguedes

Posted March 14, 2010 - 09:48 AM

Hi All,

I recently bought a '08 CRF450X. This is my first Honda and my first 4 stroke.
Being used to 2 stroke Yamahas all my life I'm a bit insecure regarding what tools to take on the fanny pack.

This is what I used to carry on the 2 stroke. Anyone has any suggestions? A list of what you carry on your CRF? That would be great! Thanks! :banana:

Posted Image

1. Wrench set: 8, 10, 12, 13, 14mm;
2. Wrench set: 8/9, 10/11, 12/13, 14/15mm;
3. Spark plug/axles wrench set;
4. Spark plug;
5. Clutch and brake levers;
6. Saline solution, in case I get something in my eyes;
7. Pliers;
8. Phillips and flat blade screwdrivers;
9. Don't know how this is called in english, but basically you mix the two compounds, mold it, plug in a hole for example, and then it solidifies;
10. Nuts and bolts;;
11. Multi-tool with allen wrenches and screwdrivers;
12. Chain link;
13. Zip ties;
14. Not in the photo, the chain breaker.

Edited by mottaguedes, March 14, 2010 - 05:28 PM.

• Ronus

Posted March 14, 2010 - 10:42 AM

that seems like a pretty good kit. The only thing you are missing, and prob the most trail side used tool, is a set of tire irons and a tube!

• 77rednecktruck

Posted March 14, 2010 - 11:00 AM

it is a Honda CRF, how about a set of valves? :banana::):lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mottaguedes

Posted March 14, 2010 - 11:09 AM

that seems like a pretty good kit. The only thing you are missing, and prob the most trail side used tool, is a set of tire irons and a tube!

I used to carry those when I went on longer rides. But it's actually pretty rare for me to get a flat tire and the irons are so heavy and cumbersome that I gave up.
I've been eyeing some cool new magnesium irons lately though. They are supposed to be light and are smaller. :banana:

• mottaguedes

Posted March 14, 2010 - 11:14 AM

it is a Honda CRF, how about a set of valves? :banana::):lol:

Hummmm... I guess that if it comes something that serious, I'll haul it back home.

• Towlieee

Posted March 14, 2010 - 11:18 AM

I used to carry those when I went on longer rides. But it's actually pretty rare for me to get a flat tire and the irons are so heavy and cumbersome that I gave up.
I've been eyeing some cool new magnesium irons lately though. They are supposed to be light and are smaller. :banana:

I'm not sure what's available to you, but I've always used 2 8" aluminum motion pro tire irons

just like the silver ones in this picture
http://www.bikebandi...sTireIronLG.gif

• tek_01

Posted March 14, 2010 - 04:24 PM

Something to take the axles off maybe? motion pro make alloy tyre levers with a ring spanner on the other side. They weigh nothing and come in handy although they are a bit expensive

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Off-Road Head-On. Who's fault? by Bryan Bosch

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  26 replies
Forums
Photo

Tips for off road riding by Chris669

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • Hot  44 replies
Forums
Photo

Cliff Riding by Bryan Bosch

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • 17 replies
Wiki
Pre-Jumping Logs - last post by Shane Watts

Pre-Jumping Logs

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Wiki
Line Selection with Rich Lafferty Riding Schools - last post by Rich Lafferty

Line Selection with Rich Lafferty Riding Schools

Wiki Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.