trailtech vapour speedo for yz450f,correct wheel circumferernce

4 replies to this topic
  • adamshackleton

Posted March 14, 2010 - 05:11 AM

hi guys,want to check that my vapour speedo has the correct wheel circumference setting for my yz450f supermoto,could you please tell me if i'm correct.......... i have a 17 inch front wheel....converted to mm is 432mm and according to trailtech you then times that by 3.14 giving a circumference of 1356mm that you programme into the speedo to give correct speed,does this sound correct please guys?

• jaybird67k

Posted March 14, 2010 - 05:40 AM

Do you need circumference of the wheel or the tire for that speedo?
I would think you would want the Tire.

If so just measure across the tire and get your diameter then multiply times 3.14 for circumference.

Later, Jason

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fishkiller

Posted March 14, 2010 - 05:51 AM

This question makes perfect sense after reading your other thread. If you are using the wheel and not the tire that is going to give you a slower speed on your speedo. Hope this is all it is.

• moto2000

Posted March 14, 2010 - 10:42 AM

Put a small blob of grease or paint on the tire and roll the bike across the garage floor. Measure between the marks on the floor and that is the spec you need for your Trail Tech.

• adamshackleton

Posted March 14, 2010 - 12:36 PM

This question makes perfect sense after reading your other thread. If you are using the wheel and not the tire that is going to give you a slower speed on your speedo. Hope this is all it is.

ok,previous owner had circumerence set at 1550 where the actual tyre with top to bottom is 585mm giving a circumference of 1836mm....bigger,not sure how big a difference to the speedo this will be but sure it will be different,just hope ive not been caught by any speed cameras whilst riding with a slow speedo

Edited by adamshackleton, March 14, 2010 - 12:52 PM.
wrote wrong

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.