Top Dead Center?

No replies to this topic
  • Toinky

Posted March 13, 2010 - 08:28 AM

I've adjusted my valves on my 2006 WR450 several times. I recently had my motor rebuilt by a local motorcycle shop. Now it's time to adjust the valves, but it seems like something isn't quite the same. When I align the piston to TDC by using the timing mark in the window, the cam lobes aren't quite where they should be. To get the cam lobes/punch marks aligned as they should be, I have to go slightly past the TDC mark on the flywheel.

So, I'm wondering, (1) do you suppose the guy who rebuilt the motor got the timing off one tooth? If so, (2) don't you think I would have noticed it running ratty after the rebuild. And finally, (3) what should I do about it?

Edited by Toinky, March 13, 2010 - 09:03 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.