Post videos of hard technical traiLs here

posted this over in the trials section but thought it might be worth putting in here for the hill climb... using a kicker to get over one of the bigger logs on steep sections successfully on the trials bike but yet to attempt it on the dirt bikes. the freeride could get to the main log but no speed to jump it. :-(

• Like 5

In addition to being a great rider he has to be in incredible shape.. I guess all of the top riders have to be. I know I can ride a short section at a good speed   Then I'm a slow floppy puddle of mud..I just try to get a smooth medium level and not make mistakes.. .. ....but to be able to be pinned from start to finish.. there's no way anyone can not be in top shape.!!.. I mean that's incredible shape!!! and with incredible skill !!! and some balls thrown in there just for fun..  I wish I could ride like that for that long.  ..and he makes it look smooth .. You know the camera smooths it all out and it's way more hairy than shown in the vid.

Those guys that rode right up were impressive. The successful ones were on the pegs the whole way. Wonder how much difference gummy tires made?

I don't know but so far I'm not into it. I'm not for paying big bucks and getting a ride out of the tire or 2 and it not necessarily be that great. The gummy is for certain kinds of terrain. There was a bunch here for sale for a big race and they all sold.. right after than the shop selling them won't bring them in .. unless someone specifically wants one. All the knobs blow off in like one ride and then it just doesn't work very well.  Just an MT16 still is the go to tire here. I got a couple others to try that are supposed to be good. I've had good results with Motoz. Everyplace is different. I'm sure they know the scoop for their type of terrain. I'm sure if you were a pro then there's no big deal too.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1