started smoking

No replies to this topic
  • Wtatters

Posted March 11, 2010 - 07:32 PM

I was needing some ideas of what to look for. I have a 02 yz426 and after trail riding this weekend and getting home from the carwash, I tried to start the bike and forgot to take out the pipe plug. Once I got it started it was smoking grey heavily. It went away after riding around the yard. the next day I started it again, it was a little more difficult this time, but it smoked again and didnt quit. I did not ride it this time. Three days later I roll it outside and try to start it and find out the plug is fouled(black and really wet) Im not sure if having the pipe plug in blew out the valve seals or if the pressure somehow just fouled the plug or if its all coincidence and my rings or cylinder is just shot. sorry for the length. Any help is much appreciated I also just realized I posted in the wr instead of the yz. sorry

Edited by Wtatters, March 11, 2010 - 07:38 PM.
wrong forum

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.