Uhm i think i got a problem.

5 replies to this topic
  • kcalpinestar11

Posted March 11, 2010 - 01:17 PM

Yeah i was just out on my yz426f i figured since it was nice id take it for a cruise. I was riding for about five minutes when i noticed a clanging sound coming from the bottom end. It only clangs when i pull in the clutch anyone got any ideas what might be wrong?????

• grayracer513

Posted March 11, 2010 - 02:20 PM

"Clanging"? Whatever. Lay the bike on its side and remove the clutch cover to see inf the pressure plate has hit it. If it has, the nut that holds the clutch boss on the main shaft is probably loose.

• kcalpinestar11

Posted March 11, 2010 - 02:47 PM

I took the cover off pulled the clutches off turned out two pressure plates broke.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 11, 2010 - 03:09 PM

You only have one pressure plate. It's the big aluminum one on the outside end of the clutch the the springs sit in.

• kcalpinestar11

Posted March 26, 2010 - 09:02 AM

Then it would be the clutch plates is what i meant haha

• kcalpinestar11

Posted March 26, 2010 - 09:04 AM

Three clutch plates broke the furthest three back in the basket. Im not quite sure why they broke, probably because they were a little old nonetheless theyre hinsons so they wont be cheap.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.