Who makes the best skid plate?

I don't even want to look at one that makes changing the oil harder. I want one that can be left on when changing the oil. If it needs to be taken off to drain the oil, then it needs to come off in less than a minute. Does anyone know of a tough skid plate like this? ?

Chris

Flatlands Racing, they also make the best radiator guards ?

I'll agree with you about the rad gaurds. They fit way better than the devols. I think I'll get the utah plate cuz they look as good as any and they are right here in town. Thanks for the replies.

Chris :D

Flatlands Racing, they also make the best radiator guards ?

For the longest time I couldn't decide between the Flatland radiator guards or the Devol radiator guards. Well, I finally broke down and bought the Flatlands. After comparing the two, the Devols definitely cover more of the top and bottom of the radiators than the Flatlands. They're sturdy but the brace across the back seems like it would bend in, crushing the radiator, on the first big tip over to that side (IMO.) I might make a suggestion to them to add a crease to increase the rigidity of the brace. Overall, I'm happy with the Flatlands.

Regarding the skid plates....I had the White Brothers on my 02 WR426 and went with the Utah Sport Cycle plate for my WR450. The USC plate is MUCH better (IMO) than the WB plate. It has more coverage area, perfect fit and I don't have to take it off to service the bike.

BRP (www.brpit.com) makes a great plate. Its thick and looks great. Has good protection for the waterpump and side covers as well.

JD

Don't make the mistake of ordering a BRP skid plate. They are also sold through www.4strokesonly.com for about $20 less. BRP and others all sell the same skid plate which 4 strokes only mentions are built by the same place. Why not get the best deal on it? ?

I got the utah sport cycle plate. It was quite convenient that they are right here in town and they are good people over there. It seems to be of good quality too. That, and I don't have to take it off to change the oil make me ?. :D

Chris